Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Stop Traffic!!!

First of all, thanks to everyone who shared boot and clothing stories. I'm now fixated on getting a pair of Grenson Brogues for myself.

This fall I was able to squeeze out a few handknit presents. My favorite: mitts for my Dud, whose hands get ridiculously cold in the winter (we think it has something to do with altered circulation after his spinal cord injury). In any case, I was inspired by a policeman directing traffic one day on my drive to work, so I made him these. And I made him pose as if he was directing traffic.


Then I told him, "LOOK MORE CONVINCING!"


He was a little bit cranky because it was cold and raining outside. Here's a closeup:

The yarn is Madelinetosh DK in Graphite and Edison Bulb that I purchased at Little Knits on my Seattle trip this fall. I made up the pattern on the go and ended with a braid.

No comments:

Post a Comment